Total Life Roleplay [CLOSED]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Life Roleplay [CLOSED]

New forums: al-rp.darkbb.com

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roleplaying for Dummies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Caroll
Admin

Roleplaying for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying for Dummies   Roleplaying for Dummies EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:25 pm

I am the server owner, Mike Caroll. I will teach you in this guide how to roleplay.

1. Powergaming

Powergaming is doing an action without doing /me's or /do's. Don't force an action against other
players. Play it fair.

2. Metagaming

Metagaming is when you know information OOCly and you say it in IC. For example, you don't know someone ICly and you just say their name anyways, you use OOC information ICly, which results in a kick or prison.

3. IC

IC means In Character, In Character means your own character in roleplaying. You just act like this is real life. Like you meet a stranger and you meet with them. Just introduce yourself and they'll introduce back. Don't use emoticons like Smile Sad :\ :/, and so on. Simple as that.

4. OOC

OOC means Out of Character. Out of Character means server information. For example, you're bugged. Do you say "I'm bugged" in main chat? No! Use /b to say you're bugged, or /o. /b means Local OOC, and /o means main OOC chat, which everyone can read. Be careful not to use emoticons such as smiley faces and so on.

5. Miscellaneous

Hope you learned something from this.

If you got kicked and you got forced to take the lesson, you will take a quiz when you come back to the server. Thanks for understanding and reading this.

Regards,
Mike Caroll, server owner and scripter.
Back to top Go down
https://tl-rp.board-directory.net
Maria_Cole

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying for Dummies   Roleplaying for Dummies EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Nice guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy_Jackson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying for Dummies   Roleplaying for Dummies EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:53 am

Nice guide, I hope all the newbies who play here and don't know to RP well, they should read it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://virtualroleplay.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Huy_Tran

PostSubject: Reallynice   Roleplaying for Dummies EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:32 am

Nice Working really nice.
Back to top Go down
Andy_Jackson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying for Dummies   Roleplaying for Dummies EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 pm

~ Topic Locked and Stickied ~
Back to top Go down
http://virtualroleplay.freesmfhosting.com/index.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying for Dummies   Roleplaying for Dummies Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying for Dummies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Total Life Roleplay [CLOSED] :: Tutorials and Guides-
Jump to: